Sewing our Sanity

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Birthday Party Dress

Dear Monica,

I made Natalie the Oliver + S Birthday Party Dress. Have I told you how much I love Oliver + S patterns?  They are fabulous!


 I made it a few months ago with Mermaids from Storyboek Two by Birch Fabrics and have been waiting for it to get warm enough for her to wear.  Well, it is finally warm enough and it is such a cute dress.



As with all Oliver + S patterns, the details on this dress are lovely.  There are two options for the front panel, a tab or a tie.  I chose the tab and used a red Kona cotton.  I love turquoise and red.


I made her a headband to match.  I made up a little pattern for this and made it reversible but then decided to add a yo-yo to add a little more detail.  She doesn't like things in her hair but she said this was "comfy".  I will do a post on this soon.


We had a fun little photo shoot at our community dock this evening.  And I got so many cute shots.  



XOXO

Emily

Just one more.  This is my favorite.








1 comment:

  1. So cute, and those photos are frame-worthy!

    Confession: I actually bought a toddler dress at Carters the other day because the detailing was so adorable. It's joining the Liberty one I got at Target a few years ago. Must stop buying little girl clothes!!!

    ReplyDelete