Sewing our Sanity

Friday, June 1, 2012

Corn on the cob

A few weeks ago my mother-in-law sent me this video about how to shuck corn with clean ears every time.  So tonight we decided to try it and it worked!

I followed the instructions in the video.  I cooked the corn in the husk in the microwave for 4 minutes an ear.  Be careful when you take them out...they are HOT!!


Then I cut the ends off with a serrated knife.


Then Liam grasped the top of the husk (again use a glove or potholder) and shook.


WOW! It worked!!  (He was so excited.)



(I know...another non-sewing post.  I have a bunch of projects I am trying to get around to but just can't seem to find the time to sit down and do them.  Maybe if I let my house get REALLY dirty and my family starve I could get something done.)



3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I have a bunch of sewing piling up! I have some posts coming up, too, some involving sewing, some not. I spent so much time this week in the garden, there wasn't time left for much of anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went back and looked - we are 3 for 2 this week. Three sewing (pirate pants, nursing shawl, and hair clips) and two "other" (bucket list and this one) Not bad - I'd say we are keeping within our "theme" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am excited to try this method! I usually cook my corn in the microwave. Then I like to cut it off the cob and mix it with a little butter, salt, pepper, dried sage, and lime zest. My 11-yr-old and I love it!!
    -Cheryl

    ReplyDelete