Sewing our Sanity

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Puppet Show Dress

Dear Monica,

I love Oliver + S patterns.  The designs are so classic and the details on each pattern are fantastic.  The patterns vary in range from one scissor (easiest) to 4 scissors (hardest) and the illustrated directions are easy to follow with lots of hints and details for giving you a finished piece.  They are offering many of their retired patterns now as PDF files, which I think is fabulous.

I made Natalie the Puppet Show tunic and shorts for the summer.  The outfit is adorable and so comfortable.  I used the shorts pattern to make her camouflage shorts and I can see using this pattern over and over again.

I decided this time to make her the Puppet Show dress.



I used a very cute yellow cotton I got on sale from the Fat Quarter Shop that has red, white, and dark pink dots.  I wanted to use red buttons down the back but I didn't have enough of the right size and I was impatient to get it finished so I used brown, orange, and red buttons instead.  Perfect Fall colors. And they add a bit more interest and fun to the dress. 


I also was running low on yellow thread so I used red thread for all the top stitching on the collar, bodice, sleeve cuffs, and darts.  I really love how it pops and the darts are so cute.  


It is a perfect play dress! And she loves it.  


XOXO
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment