Sewing our Sanity

Monday, September 24, 2012

Ruffled Circle Skirt for Caroline

Dear Emily,

What happened to last week? Things were so busy here I had no time to write a thing to you. Must be the same for you! I don't know about you, but I am still adjusting to the kids being back in school. I want it to be June again! 

I loved the circle skirt you made Natalie so much that when I saw this blue ruffle fabric, I had to get some to make one for Caroline. It looks tie-dyed but classy. Is that an oxymoron?

I followed these directions Dana posted on Made. They were absolutely the best ones I found. Once I had folded and cut the skirt, I took the still folded piece to my machine, changed the thread in the machine to match the fabric, unfolded the skirt and had a duh! moment. There is no seam! That is one of the best things about this skirt. That and the ruffle fabric did not need to be hemmed. And the waistband was super easy.  I used wide black elastic just like Dana did in the tutorial I mentioned above. 



What little girl doesn't like a full skirt to twirl in?






It is so cute! I want one. Maybe next summer, but for me, I want to this one Coastal Curtsy Skirt
No Big Dill


Have you seen the site Ruffle Fabric?? There are so many beautiful ruffle fabrics. Solids, stripes, prints, pastels, brights, wide ruffles and narrow ruffles...way too many choices!

Off to make a burlap wreath. Tomorrow I will take a pic of the sign I made for the front porch.

xoxo
Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment