Sewing our Sanity

Monday, July 23, 2012

Beauty Balm/BB Cream

Dear Emily,

I haven't shown Caroline a picture of Natalie's circle skirt yet. She is going to want one as soon as she sees Nat's.

Have you heard of the latest thing in makeup? Our mother was the one who told me about it. She is pretty hip, you know. Anyway, the latest thing is bb cream, the "bb" standing for "beauty balm." it is an all-in-one primer, moisturizer, sunscreen, among other things, depending on the brand. Mom and I tested several in Ulta...Smashbox, Garnier, Stila, Too Faced, and Boscia. The Boscia was my favorite but a little out of my price range at $38. I ended up buying the one by Garnier, "Skin Renew".



I do like it. I wear it on days I need some coverage but want something quick. (I have been using Bare Minerals lately. I really like it but it is not quick.) The other day, I came across a coupon for Maybelline's version, Dream Fresh."



A dollar off so I had to try it. I like it as much as the other but the main difference is Maybelline's has an SPF of 30 and Garnier's is 15.

So, there you have my beauty tip for the week.

Hope you are finding some time to sew! I have a couple projects to share with you soon. And I just remembered I have to make slips for the girls to wear under some beautiful antique dresses our Aunt Judi sent. Send me Natalie's measurements when you get a chance! (chest, waist, and nape of neck to just below the knee)

Xoxo

Monica

PS I just did this whole post using the Blogsy app on my iPad. It has taken me awhile to find my way around the app but I think I have finally figured most everything out.



No comments:

Post a Comment